Friday, July 10, 2009

Reading.

I just finished an excellent book by Erwin Mcmanus called "The Barbarian Faith". Wow!!! what a great book. It is all about having a faith like John the Baptist and Paul who knew they were going to die, but decided to keep on with their faith in the midst of impossible situations. It also calls us to not accept complacency, mediocrity and religousity as the norm. To understand that Jesus didn't come to die so we can sit on the sidelines and just live by rules and regulations...He came so we could be part of something as making sure all people hear that Jesus is Lord and the freedom that comes with that. I hope to live out the rest of my life with a Barbarian faith and I can make the heart of my King beat strongly for it. I hope to have a rhino kind of faith...you will have to read the book to figure that one out.

In Christ!! Tam

No comments: