Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creative Connections Community Group

I have been leading a community group through my church this summer and it has blessed me so very much. It is a ladies group and we have anywhere from 8-12 ladies each week that come. I am teaching them that we all can be creative since we were made by the ultimate creator God. One week we made "God Cans". This is something I do for myself and wanted to share it with them. We can't do anything, but God CAN so I write down my prayers on little pieces of paper and stick them in my God Can...that way it is a visual that I am turning that over to God. Then on the first of each month I pull them out and look at them and if God answered a prayer I stick it in a prayer journal and write how He answered that prayer. Then I have a record of how God is working in my life. I have a friend that made one and if her prayer is about someone else she takes that slip of paper and puts it in a card and writes how God answered it and mails it to that person so they know she was praying for them and how He answered it. I think that is just a cool way to show your friends how your praying for them and how God is working in their lives.

I thought I would share a picture of my group and their God Cans!!!

No comments: